A.C. Baker Apparel

Welcome to the new and improved blog all about A.C. Baker Apparel

Monday, December 19, 2005

Hello...

Hello All and welcome to my blog....

I created this blog for designers. This is a place safe from knock off peddlers, teenagers wanting fashion advice, and glommers. In this blog where we will talk about business, design ideas, sourcing, shows, anything you want that you think will help you. This blog is in response to the lack of information and resources out there for independant designers. I wanted to extend what I know (and hopefully you will do the same) so that we can all benefit. In my time as a designer I have had more support and encouragement from other designers than from anyone else. We are a great community and I hope that this provides a forum for us to share and help each other succeed. Thanks for coming and welcome!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Fasanella said...

This blog is in response to the lack of information and resources out there for independant designers.

Hi Andrea. Congrats on the blog. However, I'd disagree with the above statement. As you well know -after all, you post there- I have a site and discussion forum that are precisely as described.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Hey Kathleen, Thanks for visiting...yes, Fashion Incubator is similar. What I was going for was a blog that leans farther over the design spectrum. I say the more the merrier. I love Fashion Incubator but I think different perspectives are good too.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Dick said...

Other than being a self described designer, what other credentials do you possess that would allow you to offer advice to other designers ? I have seen your comments about the FI, and if you look closely at it, so many different perspectives are offered by so many diverse people. And these people have track records that make it even more legitimate.I look forward to the same type of info from your blog as well.
Dick
p.s your masthead has a spelling mistake.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Thanks for the comment...Thanks also for the heads up...I actually spend more time at Fashion Incubator than here...hmm.Maybe I will change my blog. I essentially wanted to have a discourse among designers that wasn't so much focused in manufacturing, but it seems as though Fashion Incubator has gone in the same direction I wanted to...Maybe I will change the blog to something that is just about my designs. As for my credentials, I have been a designer for a little over 2 years and have bootstrapped every step of the way. I am a self appointed business geek and am fascinated with the process of getting a product to market. I have not been schooled professionally nor have I been in the industry for 30 years. I don't claim to know it all, not even close. Really what I was going for was something similar to what sowear was....so maybe I will leave out the advice and blog about yours truly...what do y'all think?

4:18 PM  
Blogger Seabass said...

Could you clarify the term "glommer" for me ?
I'm not sure of the exact meaning.
Thanks for your help.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

a glommer is a person who is not directly involved in the fashion industry but makes money on the hype.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home