A.C. Baker Apparel

Welcome to the new and improved blog all about A.C. Baker Apparel

Friday, February 10, 2006

Evolution of a handbag pt 2

Spring is here...I think. It's been awfully warm where there should usually be freezing cold rain. Had a meeting with my business counselor and she gave me homework!! She told me to approach a local store about my handbags...I'm not ready!! Tried once and they told me I needed to refine, so that's what I've been doing. She said she didn't care and that I was over analyzing (entirely likely)and just to "dooo itt". So I called and now have an appointment on Monday. Great. Oh no!

The point to this little missive is that she was right all the way. I have a good product. Not great to my standards, but something people buy and like. They are well constructed with hours of development behind them and fellow designer tested. What do I have to be worried about. This store is a boutique garden store with table linens, books, froo froo stuff. My totes would do fine there! What was interesting is that she picked this particular store by name and said..."go there", I thought that was a nice touch because I couldn't argue (I do that a lot).

The next part of my post will be about getting together the samples and marketing info (of which I Have little). The bags were really just a conduit to launching my next line, so I didn't prepare like I did for the apparel stuff. We wait with baited breath....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home