A.C. Baker Apparel

Welcome to the new and improved blog all about A.C. Baker Apparel

Monday, July 31, 2006

Inspired to write

Okay, I know I probably lost all 3 of my readers for not blogging for so long, but frankly, I couldn't get myself out of the over-busy hell that has become my life. So, this morning, instead of sitting down at the sewing machine before work, I decided to do some reading of some of my favorite blogs and get inspired to write something.

My Recent favorite fashion blogs are:

Almost Girl (thanks for the Besame' article)
Final Fashion
Verbal Croquis
Fashion Incubator

All of the women who run these blogs are fabulous and insightful...does me good (can someone tell me how to post links?)

San Francisco Fashion week is just around the bend and I am madly trying to lose 10 pounds so that I can fit into something cute. I have been in the fashion industry for 3 years and have yet to attend a fashion function. Bizarre. Well, that's what you get when you are a struggling designer behind the REDWOOD CURTAIN. Either you make it up as you go along, or spend a lot of money traveling...I think this year I will spend the money, making it up is way too hard.

The first and foremost reason for attending at least a portion of fashion week is to get a bead on how fashion shows are produced. The rest is purely selfish: I want to go to some workshops, see what's coming around the bend for the pacific northwest, and have a great time. My buddy James Reid (www.theotherphoto.com) will be photographing models for model bootcamp. Check out his website, he does great work.

I also want to check the lay of the land because I have been accepted to participate in Appel and Frank's Fall Fashion Fete (www.appelandfrank.com). As soon as I pay my $$ I should be set to show on September 14th. It'll be my first foray into the bay area with my A.C. Baker Bags....Many thanks also to Jennifer at Porcelynne, she owns Porcelynne Boutique and Gallery on 14th Street in SF (www.porcelynne.com) She has agreed to host a trunk show for me on September 15th (so I can maximize my time there) and, bless her fashiony little heart has also agreed to help me with the Appel and Frank show...so go to Porcelynne and spend mad amounts of money on her great designs!!

I think that's all for now. I am going to make the effort to get a little education on how to post links and such. Stay tuned for new stuff.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home